HOW LONG DOES A SESSION LAST?
As a guide, set aside at least an hour, but I won't be setting a timer. It’s important to work with each animal’s temperament and if they’re tired we’ll take a break – the furry model sets the pace. If your pet isn’t feeling well or seems unhappy or anxious, then we may need to reschedule, and that’s ok. I want to be sure to capture your dog’s playful happy personality, and if they are having an off day, which we all do, I am more than happy to accommodate.
MY DOG CAN BE A BIT...ER, ‘NAUGHTY’, DOES THAT MATTER?
No problem! My dogs actually have no official training either. I’ll work with your dog’s individual needs and personality to get the perfect shot, but I always prioritize safety, so I require leashes be worn at all times. Don’t have a long leash? Don’t worry, I have several 20ft leashes specifically for my shoots, which can be edited out later.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A PHOTOGRAPHER?
I’ve been doing this as an official business since 2012, but I got my first film camera in high school and have been working behind the lens ever since.
HOW DOES THE PROCESS FOR A STUDIO SESSION WORK?
- Get in touch by email or over the phone to chat about your pet and we’ll figure out a session that best fits your needs.
- I’ll then email you my Session Guide, which provides you with a checklist to walk you through every step of my process, Product Pricing and other important info to help make our time together a fun experience. I require clients to fill out and sign a Pet Portrait Photography Agreement and Model + Property Release. These forms are completed online to make the paperwork as painless as possible.
- Book your consultation. Be sure to bring photos of your space so we can come up with a color scheme to match. I’ll have examples of other finished products to give you a few ideas. This is also an opportunity for me to get to know your pet, so don't forget to bring them too! Payment for the session fee is due at this time.
- Book your photo session – let’s preserve some precious moments together!
- I’ll publish a ‘sneak peek’ on Facebook for you to swoon over and share with your friends and family!
- Book an ordering appointment (typically two weeks after the shoot). This gives me time to process the images and create a gallery for you to choose from aka ‘the hard part’.
- Order your images for printing. Full payment is required before I can send the files to the lab. Processing times vary depending on the products you select.
- You’ll receive an email from me when your art is ready for pick up, then it’s yours to enjoy!
WHAT DO THE HUMANS WEAR TO A PHOTO SHOOT?
Studio: Do not wear white. I recommend solid colors and something comfortable. On location: Solid colors are recommended, but subtle prints are ok too. If there is more than one person in the shot, try and wear colors and prints that compliment each other, but won’t make the photo too busy. My Welcome Packet will give you more information on this.
IS THERE A TRAVEL FEE FOR LOCATION SESSIONS?
It’s free up to a 30 mile radius of 77024, anything further includes a fee of $100.
HOW MUCH DO PRINTS COST?
This varies depending on the product you’re looking for. I offer:
- Photo albums
- Gallery wraps
- Metal prints
- Framed fine art prints
My clients typically spend around $1,800+ but it varies. Contact me for product pricing and we’ll work together to produce something within your budget.
WHAT DOES A METAL PRINT OR FINISHED CANVAS LOOK LIKE?
During your initial consultation, you’ll have an opportunity to see examples of the various finished products I offer. Gallery wraps and metal prints are my favorites!
I JUST WANT THE DIGITAL FILES, THAT’S A CHEAPER OPTION RIGHT?
I don’t “shoot and burn” – so no, technically it’s not. As a photographer, and as an artist, I want to see your photos taking pride of place on the walls of your home, rather than backed up on your hard drive. Also, digital files are just as much work as a printed product, as it requires post-processing to prepare it for the lab. But with that said, each printed image you purchase comes with a low res, social media file so you can share with friends and family online.
WHAT IS THE LOCATION SESSION GETS RAINED OUT?
I’m always watching the weather, and if I think there’s a high chance it won’t be in our favor, I’ll contact you to reschedule at no extra cost to you.
DO YOU DO FAMILY PORTRAIT SESSIONS?
I specialize in pet photography, but you are more than welcome to be in the photos with your pet! If you’re looking for something a bit more formal I’d be happy to send you some recommendations of great photographers in the area who can.
IS THERE AN IDEAL TIME OF DAY TO DO LOCATION SESSIONS?
Like most professional photographers, I recommend the “golden hour,” which is the hour directly before, and directly after, sunset. Midday sunlight usually results in harsh lighting that doesn’t always compliment the subjects, but if timing is an issue for you I have some tips and tricks up my sleeve to get you the best shot possible.
I SAW THE PERFECT PET PORTRAIT ON PINTEREST, CAN YOU REPLICATE THIS STYLE?
Depends. Each photographer has their unique personal style of photography that they have spent countless hours mastering – it is art after all! If the image is not in my style of photography I most likely can’t replicate it. I’ve worked with my studio lighting for many years (with incredible results), so changing gears is not as simple as you might think. If the style you’re looking for is not in line with the photography I produce, I’m more than happy to recommend a photographer in the area who can.
HOW DO I BOOK A SESSION?
Get in touch via email at email@example.com or give me a call at 281-382-4303 Monday through Friday between the hours of 9am and 4pm. Or if you’re ready to get started fill out this handy form and I'll be in touch within 24 hours.